A number of hotels are within walking distance or a short bus ride to Caltech. Some nearby options
may be seen as Pasadena hotels listed in Google Maps
or linked from the
"Visit Caltech" page
Pasadena is accessible from a number of airports, including LAX and the
Bob Hope airport in Burbank.
: From LAX, take the "Flyaway bus" to union station, and then take the Metro gold line
to Pasadena. Note that not all locations in Pasadena are
within walking distance to campus, so please plan ahead if you
plan to use public transportation.
Super Shuttle, taxi services, and ride share services are
also available from LAX.
If you have a car, visitor parking is available in
campus parking structures
Structure #3, underneath the baseball fields, is
closest to Cahill. Visitor parking permits may be purchased for $6 per day from an automated kiosk
in the garage.
The workshop will be limited to around 50 participants.
The registration fee of $80 includes coffee breaks on all
three days, and an informal lunch on March 25.
The workshop is now full, and registration has closed.
If you have already registered, you should see your name in the
list of expected attendees
Please send any concerns or questions to email@example.com.
The workshop will include a mixture of
lecture style presentations and hands-on programming
exercises; participants are expected to bring a laptop
computer. Some previous experience with python progamming
and/or signal processing will be helpful, but not required.
for the location of your hands-on session.
March 25, Morning Session: Cahill Building, Hameetman Auditorium
- 08:30 - Arrival and check-in, coffee and bagels
- 09:00 - LIGO Detectors: Dave Reitze
- 09:45 - LIGO Strain Data and Data Quality: Jess McIver
- 10:30 - Coffee Break
- 11:00 - Calibration: Alex Urban
- 11:30 - Accessing data through LOSC: Agata Trovato
- 12:00 - Intro to gwpy: Duncan Macleod
- 12:30 - Lunch provided on Cahill patio
March 25, Afternoon Session: E. Bridge / W. Bridge
March 26, Morning Session: Cahill Building, Hameetman Auditorium
- 08:30 - Coffee and bagels
- 09:00 - CBC Overview: Alan Weinstein
- 09:45 - CBC Search Pipelines: Alex Nitz
- 10:30 - Coffee break
- 11:00 - CBC Parameters Estimation: Katerina Chatziioannou
- 11:45 - Skymaps and GCNs: Mina Cho
- 12:30 - Lunch on your own
March 26, Afternoon Session: E. Bridge / W. Bridge
March 27, Morning Session: Cahill Building, Hameetman Auditorium
- 9:00-12:00 - Hands-on 3: Work flows or project collaboration
Workshop ends March 27 at 12:00
Workshop organizing committee
Beverly Berger, Eric Chassande-Mottin,
Ben Farr, Jonah Kanner, Shane Larson, Duncan Macleod, Alex Nitz,
Peter Saulson, Alan Weinstein